Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Tuesday book review


The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
I am only reading this book because I wanted to read it before I watch the movie, but oh my it is WONDERFUL! I won't spoil it for you if you still want to read it, but one part struck me as so me.
The little girl in the story is catching bees that have flown into her room. A few days later she starts to feel guilty for keeping them in a mason jar and decides to let them go. She removes the lid and the bees stay there. She tells them they're free and they still stay there.
How many of us (myself included) are running circles around the bottom glass ring of a mason jar never looking up long enough to realize the lid is off? That if we would take Jesus at his word that we are truly free we might just try our wings and shoot for the moon. Oh to be free in Him. To be 100% free in him. I'm praying for that today for myself and for all of you.
Brenda

No comments: