Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thankful Thursday

I feel like I've moaned and groaned enough on my blog the last few weeks so I'm turning Thursday's posts from here on out into Thankful Thursdays. It will give me a chance in my own life to stop and remember to be thankful and maybe it will remind you of some things you can be thankful for too :)

So today I'm thankful for . . . . . . . . . . .

1. Jesus. How anyone makes it a single minute without him is a mystery to me. Even though I have miles to go in my Christian life, I'm so grateful He has brought me this far. I could never, ever love anyone more.

2. The steps the Senate is taking to ban partial birth abortions. I know you don't want to hear me go on another rant about abortion, but if this doesn't pass - I will. I hate abortion and the idea of it comes from nowhere but the pit of Hell. It is murder plain and simple. As a mental health professional I can tell you it NEVER NEVER NEVER leaves your thoughts and it WILL haunt you forever. Never let Satan convince you that a short term fix is his ultimate solution. It's a lie.

3. Starbucks. If you didn't know I love love love coffee then we haven't met yet. But it's more than the coffee, it's the experience. I love to walk in there and hear at least 4 people say BRENDA! It's good to be known :)

4. Brown Rice Cakes. Since my new eating system started 2 months ago I've fallen madly in love with rice cakes. You can turn them into pizza, mexican, or sweet with all fruit spread in just a matter of ingredients!

5. Sugar free pudding. I don't plan to leave this in my diet much longer considering it's packed with chemicals, but for now I like it :)

I'm sure there's much more I'm thankful for, but for today that's all. I have to save some for next Thursday and the next. What are you thankful for today?

Brenda

No comments: