Monday, October 6, 2008

Prism Eating Program

Several people have asked me lately about the Prism way of life as far as eating. I am nearing 6 weeks on this plan and feel AMAZING. I certainly don't know everything about it, but I'm happy to share with you what it is and what I'm doing.

Basically it's an adapted Adkins, sugar busters, Dr. Gott kind of program, but intended for longer term use.

What you cannot eat (at all)

Refied sugar in any form
White flour
Pasta
Bread
Partially hydrogenated oil
Processed foods (box, bag, etc.)

What you can eat

Fruits
Vegetables
meat
cheese
beans
sugar substitutes
veggie burgers
eggs
Boca products
mustard
milk
coffee (duh-would I be doing it otherwise?)
tea- hot or unsweetened iced
fruit juice (100% only)

For weight loss purposes caloric intake should be at or around 1200 per day. I like to spend all evening at the gym so I don't really think about the calories. After the initial 6 weeks you can start adding bread, etc. back into your diet slowly, but I have no intentions of doing that because I'm pretty sure that's mostly what makes me feel horrible. And refined sugar really has no redeeming value so I have no plans to add that back either.

I highly recommend the book the prism diet for recipes and additional info. If you have specific questions let me know and I'll try to find out for you.

Hope that helps! Brenda

No comments: