Friday, October 10, 2008

Peace

And Isaiah's word: There's the root of our ancestor Jesse, breaking through the earth and growing tree tall, Tall enough for everyone everywhere to see and take hope! Oh! May the God of green hope fill you up with joy, fill you up with peace, so that your believing lives, filled with the life-giving energy of the Holy Spirit, will brim over with hope! Romans 15:7b The Message

Somewhere along the way this week I totally lost my peace. I'd like to blame it on the stock market, but I have no stock in that. I'd like to say it's because I haven't really felt that great, but that's not it either, I've felt better than I have in a long time.

No I know why it is and quite frankly it's my fault and it's not God's fault. I have skimped on my time with him this week to fit in 100 other things that at the time seemed "more important." Wow, I see now it wasn't.

I've done it before, haven't you? I've had similar results, haven't you? The definiton of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. Duh. (this will sufice as the quote of the week).

It's frightening to me that Satan can sneak in and steal peace so quickly. One minute it's there and the next minute it's gone. I see clearly today how important it is to KEEP on the full armor of God, not get it out of the closet in an emergency!

I know all this and so do you, but sometimes it's a good reminder that we need him - every day, every hour, every minute. We cannot survive without him.

Oh Prince of Peace, we need you. We need you to be in every fiber of our being, every millisecond of the day and every breath that we take. I ask your forgiveness Lord for putting other things ahead of you this week that eternally will not make one bit of difference. I trust you today, in your timing, to renew peace within me. Strengthen my spirit today Lord that I can do the work you have called me to do. Even with my faults which are many, you are my everything. I need you more than life. Amen

No comments: