Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Eyes to See

If you ever want to see all your flaws up close and personal, have a friend who's a photographer! My word! We had Christmas pictures taken last night and she kept saying, "Just a little closer." Ah - NO! They turned out well, it just made me laugh how close she kept getting to my face. I'm a big fan of the pore minimizing face wash, but I don't want anyone trying to prove that it works! :)

yes, this is my eye larger than life, but more importantly today I've been praying that God would give me spiritual eyes to see His world around me. To be aware of the universe he created, the wonder of his creation and what's going on in the people around me created in his image. I get so focused on myself and what's going on in my life today that I don't take the time to really "see" those around me.

Psalm 97:6The heavens proclaim his righteousness, and all the peoples see his glory.

Lord, help us to see your glory today in our own lives and in the lives of those around us. Let us see YOU Lord and by the time we go to bed tonight feel like we know you better than we did this morning. We relinquish control of the things we are holding that belong to you and entrust them to your care. We look forward to really seeing you face to face one day. Amen
Brenda



No comments: