Wednesday, April 1, 2009

In perfect peace


I find peace is almost always a foreign concept to my earthly self. I think it's difficult to get and even harder to maintain. I think around every corner, every turn and every stopping point there is an opportunity for peace to totally disappear and if we're not constantly on guard-it will. I have been praying a lot lately for some people in and around my life that are having such a hard time. They're facing questions that do not have answers. So I'm praying for them that they find HIM to be the answer. I'm praying mostly for peace that passes understanding.
And I'm praying for peace in my own life. Peace that even prayers seemingly unanswered are actually answered. Peace that the future is not mine to control. Peace that there is Someone much greater than myself observing and intervening in a life unfinished.
I love Psalm 116:7-8 It's my verse this week. Here it is in The Message and the NASB.
7-8 I said to myself, "Relax and rest. God has showered you with blessings. Soul, you've been rescued from death; Eye, you've been rescued from tears; And you, Foot, were kept from stumbling."
7Return to your rest, O my soul, For the LORD has dealt bountifully with you. 8For You have rescued my soul from death, My eyes from tears, My feet from stumbling.

No comments: