Monday, April 27, 2009

Distraction

Well I hope you all are ordering your copy of The 1st drop of rain by Leslie Parrott. I finished it today at lunch and it is AMAZING. Wow. I'm dying to talk about it, but I'll refrain. Sigh. You guys better tell me your favorite part as soon as you know so I'll have someone to share it with! We'll discuss it June 1st. Patience is a virtue :) Sigh again.

I don't know about you but I'm so sick of distractions in my life. It's an ongoing battle for me. There's so much I have to get done, so much I need to get done and so much I want to get done that there's not time to just be! I know when I start daydreaming of long strolls in the park, bubble baths and good books and sitting on the back porch I'm well overdue for a mental health day! I have no time to take one anytime soon, but I'm still looking forward to it :-)

My priorities are all out of whack and I'd really like to get them lined back up this week! I'm not really sure how I'll accomplish that, but I'm going to try. Sometimes I think we get so stressed out about things that were never God's intentions for us in the first place. And then we wonder why we live in constant frustration!

This verse has been on my heart lately. I'll leave you with it for today!

1 Peter 1:8-9 You never saw him, yet you love him. You still don't see Him, yet you trust Him-with laughter and singing. Because you kept on believeing you'll get what you're looking forward to-total salvation.

No comments: