Monday, April 6, 2009

Holy Week

Happy Holy Week! My very favorite time of the year. I'll be writing more about it later this week as the official days are celebrated. I love the liturgical calendar and praying the hours all year, but never more than during holy week. I love the focus of the Cross and the road to the cross and the ongoing gift of the resurrection. This is the time of year our faith is founded on! Exciting.

Yesterday was Palm Sunday (the 6th Sunday of Lent). Historically celebrated with a huge feast, I celebrated with a whole wheat sub from subway :) Modern feast!

The liturgical color for this time week is violet or purple. I love the royalty of it and also the reminder of spring.

This is the last week of Lent before Easter Sunday.

This week is so important to our faith. I've already explained 100 times on here that I'm not catholic so I won't again, but I do love the reverance and solomn worship of the catholic church. I have a crazy week, but I wouldn't at all be surprised if I head over there at some point this week. There's something so sacred there. I love it.

How are you celebrating holy week?

No comments: