Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday

UNFORTUNATELY oh mortal one that I am with responsibilities out of my control, I will not be celebrating Good Friday at church like I would love to. Jesus understands, but I still hate it. I wish I could sit down this afternoon and watch the Passion of the Christ and relive the magnitude of this day. He knows I'm thankful. He knows I'm so sorry that if it hadn't been Adam and Eve - it would have been me - for sure. He knows that he would have had to die for me either way if he wanted us to be reconciled forever.

I'm so thankful that I'm a part of his plan. That before my feet hit this Earth his had already been here. I'm thankful that when I leave here, I'll be where his feet touch today. I'm thankful that I don't live under Old Testament Law with sacrifices and rituals. I'm thankful that I live in an age of absoute grace-grace that began many years ago today.

Historically Jesus died at 3:00 P.M. today. Well, maybe not April 10th necessarily, but nonetheless, the world celebrates it today. At 3:00 today the veil was torn for you. And for me. Would you pause today at 3:00 your time just long enough to remember? Just long enough to thank him again. Just long enough to remind ourselves that we can walk in salvation with confidence. He knows. He's been here. He understands.

Only because of Him can this be Good Friday.

No comments: