Friday, April 17, 2009

Far Country

I've mentioned before on here that I love Andrew Peterson's music. I'm especially enjoying an older CD of his called Far Country. I think living on Earth with the promise and expectation of Heaven is a difficult balance to achieve. This is my quote/verse of the week.

God is at home. We are in the far country. - Meister Eckhart

They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance. And they admitted that they were aliens and strangers on Earth. People who say such things show that they are looking for a country of their own. If they had been thinking of the country they had left, they would have had opportunity to return. Instead, they were longing for a better country-a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them. Hebrews 11:13-16

No comments: