Monday, November 17, 2008

A False Sense of Security

I don't have a lot of faith in security guards. Don't get me wrong-I'm happy for the big guys that help to keep us safe from the crazy people, but in all reality - We could get really hurt before they got to us and that's true anywhere.

I have no faith in restraining orders either. I think it's a good feeling to think you're "restraining" people from getting to you, but quite frankly, anyone who requires a restraining order be taken out on them probably doesn't care that much about violating it. I'm just sayin.

What I am sure of is the security of Jesus. We can put our hope in someONE who cannot go against Himself. By very nature he is a shelter, a safe place for us. When we put our hope and trust in Him we are secure from the inside out. We are in the world, but we are not of it. Our eternal security rests in the One who knows the end from the beginning. We are at war with powers and principalities here on the Earth, but one day we will be where nothing will ever harm us again. We will truly live happily ever after.

Brenda

No comments: