Wednesday, September 24, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things. . . .


I have missed you blog friends! But this is me catching up for just a minute before I head home. It has been a crazy-wonderful week and God has been faithful. Looks like if all goes as planned we'll be DONE by tomorrow-hallelujah! I certainly won't bore you with any more details about inventory. First I would like to say how totally excited I am about Boca Burgers new Mozerella Mushroom "burgers". My vegetarian lifestyle got more exciting this week and as one who eats at least 8 boca burgers a week - Thanks Boca for some variety! YUM!

Now, for something spiritual. If you don't have Chris Tomlin's new CD - please go get it. I would never lead you astray and I truly believe you will LOVE it. It has blessed me in ways big and small. If you like Jesus Messiah and God of this City they are only 2 of the wonderful songs on there. And God of this city is especially meaningful to me this week. Last night I helped a customer who was literally sobbing find the right song to speak to her broken heart. And just this week one of our employees was badly injured by an abusive husband both mentally and physically. We didn't know and maybe we could have helped maybe not. Pray for Kristy that God will help her find her way back to trusting HIM again. And pray for safety as she tries to free herself from a horrible relationship.

You're the God of this city


You're the King of these people


You're the Lord of these nation


You are


You're the light in this darkness


You're the hope to the hopeless


You're the peace to the restless


You are


There is no one like our God


There is no one like our God


For greater things Have yet to come


And greater things Are still to be done in this city


For greater things Have yet to come


And greater things Are still to be done here


in this city


Chris Tomlin
God, you are God of this city and every city of the people reading this. Help us all find our place in YOUR CITY! Amen

No comments: