Sunday, September 28, 2008

The grocery store

I always go to the grocery store on Sunday nights. I don't know why except that it gives me a few minutes to unwind from the weekend before I call my grandma and go home and go to bed. But last night as I was wondering why in the world there has to be sugar in kidney beans the thought hit me. . . .Forrest Gump was right. . . . life is like a box of chocolates-you never know what you're going to get.


So many friends are on my heart today:


My friend Jenny is celebrating/mourning the loss of her sweet Catie this weekend. Catie died 2 years ago at age 4 from a brain tumor and Friday would have been her 6th birthday. Since then Jenny has given birth to perfectly healthy Izzy and is pregnent with baby number 3. The baby is due the very day Catie died. Life is sweet and painful at times simultaneously.



Another friend, her mom is dying of cancer. She's not saved as far as we know. The hope that she will see her again is not there which is making grieving so difficult. There are no words to help her and we just have to pray that time will comfort her spirit. Life isn't always full of hope.



Another friend who was told exactly 12 months ago that she would never conceive gave birth to a beautiful healthy baby girl. Sometimes life is unexpectedly wonderful.



And my friend Glenda was given 5 months to live almost 3 years ago but continues to struggle with the lasting effects of having her stomach removed from cancer. Sometimes life is excruciating.

I'm praying for you guys today that God would meet you right where you are and bring to you just what you need when you need it. I'm here if you need me.

Brenda

No comments: