Friday, September 26, 2008

Oh Politics. . . . . .

Well, if you're asking me, it's a crazy scary time to be an American or even alive for that matter. After hearing the same things over and over again, I just turned the news off this morning.

The Economy-Lose Lose Lose situation. If the government bails out these idiot banks for the stupid mistakes they've made and in turn pay their CEO's millions of dollars, they'll be cruising the Caribbien with our tax paying dollars while putting our money at SERIOUS risk. If they don't bail them out, Wal-Street will continue to fall and no one, and I mean no one will be able to borrow any money. And if they wait and keep waiting, all of our representatives are about to recess and we wouldn't want them to miss their cushy vacations because there's a HORRIBLE MESS to sort out. Okay, the last part was a little mean, but really, what's more important? Frustrating.

The Debates - It seems to me that inviting McCain and Obama to help sort this out was a MISTAKE. They have no clue what's been going on in the Senate because they've been on the campaign trail for the last 100 years (or so it seems). They brought confusion and chaos to the table and in my opionion should have stayed out of it. And for the debates scheduled tonight? Is this not a good time to hear what the candidates have to say? I personally can't think of a better one. And if McCain lets Obama show up and have his free for all "town meeting" - God help us. Just in case Sarah Palin reads my blog (haha) - TELL HIM TO GO PLEASE!! The economy can collapse with or without his help and an hour isn't going to make any difference. So there. :)

And now onto more important things - like my life. I am so happy inventory is done for another 51 weeks. It was a headache of a process and except for some minor subtracting and reworking Monday evening - it's over. I'm really glad. It has taken over my life this week and I don't like it! I got ALL my errands taken care of last night (it was a lot), and my little trip included my shampoo being on sale at Victoria Secret - YEAH! So even if the economy collapeses. . . .I'll have clean shiny hair for at least a month :) And I got new pajamas. I'm guessing in a week or so my grandmother MIGHT regret that we share a Belk's credit card. I'm going to have to remind her about unconditional love before she gets the bill :)

So that's all I've got for today. My brain is tired and my head hurts even after my 3 shot Latte. I have miles of work to do today that I've been putting off to get the inventory done that now has to be addressed. Ugh. And I could keep going, but I'll spare you the whining.....for now :)brenda

No comments: