Monday, November 23, 2009

Blog Topic 14-Quotes

Day 14 - quotes

I suppose you don't have to know me very well to know I love quotes. My friend Katie gave me a quote book in college to record all the neat little sayings I found in books along the way and the rest is history. I've given my friends quote books for Christmas ever since and as far as I know they love them too! I have quotes on my walls and quotes on my coffee mugs and revolving quotes on my shower walls and bathroom mirrors. I can't help it-I like them!

Most of my favorite quotes come from C.S. Lewis who I hope lives close to me in Heaven. I'd love to hop down there in the mornings and listen to him tell his stories. He's fascinating and the way he can wrap the English Language around a Biblical principle is incredible if you ask me. I could read The Chronicals of Narnia from start to finish over and over and over again and be perfectly happy to never own another book. Here's one of my favorites.

"I shall feel rather nervous meeting a lion," said Susan."That you will, dearie, and make no mistake," said Mrs. Beaver, "if there is anyone who can appear before Aslan without their knees knocking they're either braver than most or just silly.""Then He isn't safe?" said Lucy."Safe?" said Mr. Beaver; "Who said anything about safe?! Of Course He isn't safe. But He is good. He is the King I tell you."(The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe)

No comments: