Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Smack Dab - A Book Review

To say Brennen Manning has changed my spiritual life for the better over the years is the understatement of the century. I have a tear soaked copy of Abba's Child that stays by my bed. I related in more ways that I would have liked to when I read The Ragamuffin Gospel. He's one of the few authors I can honestly say I love everything he's written.

What a gift that he has co-authored a children's book! This book is beautiful. The artwork is bright and all the children look so happy. I find, even as an adult, God's love and judgement difficult to balance. Sometimes I need to take myself less seriously and just remember, He loves me.

Some of my favorite lines:
"He strolled along at a pace that old dogs and little children seemed to like."
"Ana looked at them lovingly and said, 'Every good thing comes from smack-dab in the middle of Abba's heart.'" AMEN to that.

Manning's books have always left me feeling loved by God and this book is no exception.

Get it for the kids you love and while you're at it, get it for you.

*For Thomas Nelson

No comments: