Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Bone House - A Book Review



True story-I'm not a science fiction fan. I have no intention of imagining other worlds when I have enough trouble with the one I inhabit. I love Narnia, but after that my sci-fi love decreases to zero. The Bone House is the second book in the Skin Map series. I didn't read the first one, but found the introduction helpful in explaining lead characters and scenerios. The recap is perfect and brought me right up to speed to where this book continues. It has a TON of characters. I debated keeping a list at several points mainly because I wasn't familiar with their role in book one. It's incredibly detailed and an interesting story if you're into science fiction. If you're not, I'd skip it. The audience is definitely limited, but the writing is good and so is the story. Appropriate for teens and up.


*For Thomas Nelson

No comments: