Monday, December 27, 2010

My favorite Gifts

I think the joy of Christmas (besides Jesus-OF COURSE) is finding the PERFECT gift. This year I either made or had made almost every gift. Enjoyed it so much I'm going to do it again next year and if I'm smart start before 12/1! I also got some great gifts this year. The Jeep is getting detailed THIS week! It's long overdue and I'm so happy it's going to be CLEAN!
What? You already knew I heart Starbucks? Humph. Fine. I happened to have gotten enough Starbucks $$$ to fuel my addiction for a few weeks. LOVE!!!!!


Gift certificate for a whole day of THIS. Yes please and can I go right now? I'm breaking it up into several trips to the spa..................AHHHHHHHH! If I can work my magic I'll be having a 90 minute extra hot stone massage this week :)


$$$ for 3 trips this year! I love/need something to look forward to. 1st up in January headed to see 2 my favorite people in Portland, Oregon and Baltimore.......all in the same week! Other 2 trips TBA (as soon as the best friend and I make a decision).




And as a Merry Christmas to me I'm redoing my office in my house. This life is in desperate need of a place of serenity starting NOW and it's turning out PERFECT!




Here's the fun day bed.





And this is officially the "I've already been read" bookcase. Also known as the books my friends steal when they come to visit :)




Speaking of reading-super fun gift from the grandmother who is the only person I know who loves to read as much as I do. This is a reading pyramid. And now I officially want to stay curled up in my comfy feather bed and read for a week......can I?Philosophy is my 2nd favorite company right behind Starbucks. SO excited to get their holiday collection and the huge bottles of the Pure Grace Collection......to add to my collection. Every bottle has a quote......seriously. Amazing products.






And maybe more than any other year I've been on this Earth I'm thankful for the gift of Jesus. I couldn't stop thinking in these weeks about Emmanuel and how thankful I am that He is with us, with me every step of the way. I just want to sit by the manger and as soon as my unworthiness fades enough just whisper to a Savior humanized....."You didn't have to......but I'm so glad you did. Thank you." The best gift of all.


4 comments:

Meredith Gould said...

Hmmm...so you're basically using the Twitter bird as a decor motif? At least on your daybed!

Brenda said...

Well, I do love twitter! Funny....I hadn't thought of that.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great Chrismtas Brenda...lots of goodies! But, you certainly have the best perspective when you realize what the best gift really is! That spa day....relax and enjoy.
Andie

Sandra Heska King said...

Great gifts! I never heard of Pure Grace products. Something to check out!

I got published. More on that next week. ;)