Friday, February 27, 2009

An Untroubled Heart

I love the timing of the Lord. Today dropped into my weary hands was the new book by Micca Campbell An Untroubled Heart (Finding a faith that is stronger than all my fears). This is a gift to my life this week. I won't bore you with the details and the depression definitely hasn't returned-it's just a bad week. I took yesterday off for a much needed emotional health day. I am overwhelmed right now with some things that matter and some that do not. Some things I can help and some I certainly cannot. Some things that I know how to fix and some things that are far greater than my mind can comprehend. I am in a word-weary. I wish I could take my soul out cut off the top pour liquid Jesus into it and put it back in! My connection with the Lord right now is troubled with some things I've been wrestling with and my soul has definitely adopted the strain! It will be fine and we will work through it (we have many times before!), but the growing pains are not so fun. I'll let you know how the book is and thanks a bunch for the prayers. :)
Brenda

No comments: