Monday, February 2, 2009

Incredible

I'm a big believer that if someone has done something-particularly something that is life changing-you should tell them. I knew once I finished the book Constant Prayer by Robert Benson (my all time favorite author), I had to tell him. The voyage of discovery into the hours of prayer changed my life-literally. So I sent him a thank you card and told him how much I appreciated Between the Dreaming and the Coming True, his honesty about his struggle with depression and a stay in a psychiatric ward, and most importantly his continued work following finding true freedom in Christ.

Yesterday I got a wonderful return letter from him. I'm keeping the details for myself (sorry), but it was truly wonderful. What a great man of God and his personalized letter was truly a gift. It's about to get framed and it will hang in my office so if you want to read it you'll have to stop by. :)

Thanks Robert Benson-and write something else soon!
Brenda

No comments: