Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tuesday book review and an update on a sweet family

This is a picture of my sweet friend Jenny with her precious girl Catie who died a few years ago. Cancer may have taken her at 4 years old from this life, but her joy and spirit definitely live on in the life of this wonderful family. This is a picture of her opening a birthday card from her dog that she thought was so funny! Since her death Jenny has given birth to precious Izzy and soon Jenny will give birth to Chip. He is scheduled to be delivered by C-section January 19th - Catie's birthday. God is gracious to these precious people. Pray for a happy, healthy little boy!


Hannah's Gift is a wonderful story of a woman who loses her precious girl. Maria offers great insights into grief and the lessons left by a little girl dying of cancer. My favorite quote from the book is, "My suffering wasn't something I was going to have to let go of; it became part of what I had to offer, part of who I am." A great gift for anyone who has lost someone, but especially those dealing with the loss of a child.


No comments: