Friday, January 16, 2009

I Believe You are the Christ Son of the Living God

I actually like to watch the news but normally don't even have time to check the internet for the latest events. This week though when I've caught the news it's been all about the incoming administration of Obama and the swearing in of new cabinet members and questioning of people taking new offices.

And maybe I'm just sensitive because I'm sick (AGAIN!), but it kind of got on my nerves last night. Here are these people who have been involved in extramarital affairs, scandelous lifestyles and illegal, immoral and unethical things swearing in on the WORD OF GOD. Get your grubby little paws off of that which I love so much!!! And God gently whispered to me, "I love them too." Which preceeded a little argument we had about whether they were worthy of His word (Like I am-humph!) and of course He won, but STILL!

But this morning it made me think of a day in the perhaps not so distant future when we will stand in some kind of Heavenly court room. The Word of God will no longer be needed because it will have been fulfilled and we will be in the presense - forever - with the author, the perfector of our faith. And I believe we will be asked why we're there.

Andrew Peterson who has taken over my music libraray this week has a wonderful song called The Confession. The chorus is simply, "I believe. You are the Christ. The Son of the Living God." It's the answer to why He should grant us access into Heaven with Him. It's the final destination for those of us who do believe. It's why we can make it through today with the hope of tomorrow in hearts of various stages being healed by Him.

It's the answer to the dillemmas of this life. I'm going to initiate a new motto for my life. Whenever I face some uncertainty or someone I don't necessarily care for or a situation I'd rather not deal with I'm going to say before I say anything else, to the Lord, I Believe you are the Christ Son of the Living God. It changes perspective - quickly!

To those of you who are struggling-He is the Christ the Son of the Living God.
To those of you who are rejoicing-He is the Christ the Son of the Living God.
To those of you who are grieving-He is the Christ the Son of the Living God.
To those of you who are alone-He is the Christ the Son of the Living God.
To those of you who are impatient-He is the Christ the Son of the Living God.
To those of you who are uncertain-He is the Christ the Son of the Living God.

And the day is coming when we'll see Him face to face and the things of this world will be long forgotten.

Praying a Sabbath filled weekend for all of you -
Brenda

No comments: