Friday, January 30, 2009

February Book of the Month




February book(s) of the month




Expect a complete review of the Return of the Prodigal Son on Monday, but some of you have asked me for next month's book so I wanted to get it to you before the weekend. Last day for comments on this month's book is Sunday.

I've been back and forth over which book to choose of these 2. Some of you have told me you just don't feel God's love lately. Others have told me you have certainly lost your joy in some very dark times. So, it's my bookclub and I can have 2 books if I want to! You can read both, one or neither. I just can't choose between them! Here's the rundown.
#1 God speaks your love language by Gary Chapman is brand new. From the author of the very popular Five Love Languages, this is his best book in a long time. God speaks to us through the 5 love languages - words of affirmation, quality time, gifts, acts of service and physical touch. Once we realize what our preferred love language is we can better communicate with God and with others. His approach to humanity is so wonderful - I think you'll enjoy this one.
#2 Hidden Joy in a Dark Corner is a wonderful new book as well. This is a story of a woman who was raped and how she recovered and found God to be faithful through everything. I love what Nancy Leigh DeMoss says about this book, "Wendy's journey from fear to faith will help every traveler who has grappled with issues of trust and is not content to settle for simple answers to difficult questions." It's a wonderful account and will encourage your faith.

Happy Reading!
Brenda

No comments: