Friday, January 23, 2009

Enough

My verse for this week has been the following:

“He removes kings and sets up kings” (Daniel 2:21)

I disagree with President Obama's stance on abortion. I disagree with some of the policies and procedures being put into place even as I'm typing this. I think our government more than once has put into practice ideas that were immoral, unethical, and totally against the Word of God.

REGARDLESS

If we take scripture as a whole and keep verses in context and trust that God does indeed have a plan for this world and the ability and knowledge to act out those plans - then we can assume that GOD put Barak Obama into office for such a time as this.

Because I trust that God does not make mistakes, knows what He is doing, and has had a plan for not only me but the United States of America before the foundation of the world - I will pray for our new President. I will pray for his endurance and strength as on only day 3 - he looks exhausted already. I will appreciate the knowledge and responsibility he has been entrusted with and believe that God is leading his steps even today. I will pray for a sound mind for a human being put into extraordinary circumstances. I will pray for his safety and the safety of his family during a time when human life means next to nothing to most of the world.

You know why? Because God said so. Enough with putting him down and making fun of his inexperience. He deserves our respect for the office he holds. Whatever happens in the first 100 days, the next 4-8 years, and the rest of the time the world is spinning - is up to Jesus Christ who has not moved off his throne since he took his place there many years ago.

Pray for our President, our leaders nationally and locally that God would guide them, direct them, and be there for them in a difficult time in our world.

Brenda

No comments: