Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Wrapped in Rain - A Book Review

I forgot how much I love the writing of Charles Martin until this book was re-released recently. I read a lot and don't always remember the details of every novel, but these are stories that stick with you. I was cleaning out some bookcases just last night and came across his other works, Down Where My Love Lives, Chasing Fireflies, and When Crickets Cry. I remembered how much I love the ways he tells a story.

I just finished Wrapped in Rain, A Novel of Coming Home.

"Tucker, I want to tell you a secret." Miss Ella curled my hand into a fist and showed it to me. "Life is a battle, but you can't fight it with your fists. You got to fight it with your heart."

It's a story of two brothers coming to peace with a tragic past in their own ways. It's the reminder that the impact we have on another can last long after we're gone. It's the conclusion that grace is always enough.

You'll want to turn the next page and you'll be sad there aren't more when you reach the last one.

*For Thomas Nelson

No comments: