Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Right From the Heart - A Book Review

I have a love/hate relationship with Daily Devotionals. For me they tend to be too much or all fluff. I was pleasantly surprised by Right From the Heart by Bryant Wright. The verse for the day is short and relevant enough to carry with me. The devotional itself is one page, concise, interesting and helpful. Conveniently sized at about 7x5 it's a go anywhere book. I love a hardcover devotional because it usually gets torn up by the end of a year. My only complaint is it really needs a ribbon bookmark. All daily use books should come standard with a bookmark in my opinion. Otherwise, I love it. I've already chosen it as my morning devotional to start again this January and read all year. It's a great book and would make a wonderful gift.

*For Thomas Nelson

No comments: