Thursday, May 12, 2011

Trusting A Father

I believe any good spiritual journey can be traced by seasons - seasons to grow, seasons of discipline, seasons of peace, grace, mercy, joy, sorrow, and on and on. Sometimes they merge. Sometimes they are over quickly. Sometimes they last far longer than we anticipated. Sometimes we wait until we're sure He won't come through. And sometimes He doesn't in the way we hoped. And then sometimes He does.



The life of faith is encompassed by trust in a loving Father. We place the frailness of our humanity in the strength of His faithfulness. We see only one stroke of the paintbrush but somewhere deep within our souls we trust there's a masterpiece in the making. We look in the mirror at our humanity and see the reflection of Holy perfection in due time. Often feeling trapped in this earthly body, we feel the pull of Heaven calling us Home.

I can hear God's gentle whisper, "Trust Me," almost on repeat if I really listen. Admittedly, I don't always want to. I'm holding on tightly to the things that belong to Him. I find myself with a handful of questions when He has the answers. I pray often, "I trust You with everything," but do I ever really - with anything?

What would it look like to be all His? What would it mean to trust Him with every little thing every single time? I can't say that I know, but I want to. I want this life to be a transparent reflection of His trustworthiness. I want what comes into these hands to be filtered through the lens of His grace and immediately, willingly transferred back to Him.

Jesus, I trust you with me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Brenda, I want the same thing! You have said this so beautifully, I couldn't add a thing. Thanks for this!
Andie

Cura Animarum said...

Have you ever done the Spiritual Exercises? I had a realization and deep desire for this very kind of intense freedom as I did them. It was like touching a high voltage line...but in a good way.

Think you'd really get a lot out of them. ;o)