Friday, October 9, 2009

Post #334

I cannot believe I have been writing this blog for 2 years and have posted 334 entries! What in the world have I talked about 5 days a week for 2 years? More amazingly, you all still read my ramblings and I love ya for it. I'll tell you that overwhelmingly the comments I get usually center around, "I love that you're honest about your relationship with the Lord - good and bad." I have zero ability to sugar coat much of anything and I'll tell you the people I love and respect the most are SUPER honest about their relationship with the Lord. I just relate better to people who are not high and mighty on a spiritual cloud of cotton candy holiness-blech! Someone said to me a few days ago, "I think God left and I can't find his forwarding address!" Hilarious! I love people like that.

I was scrolling through the thumbnails of my blog and it cracked me up to see where I've been with the Lord since I've started this blog. I sort of can't believe I told you all most of what I told you, but thanks for sticking it out with me! I don't know what people do without the Lord because I feel 100% certain I would not be here.

It's scary to think that you can go from so close to the Lord, to trying to live independently of Him, to deeply in love with His very heart in just 2 years! I wish I knew the secret to make sure those valleys never happened, but I honestly do not. I wish I knew with certainty that my relationship with the Lord would only grow by leaps and bounds from here, but I don't know that either. Life is so fickle. It scares me sometimes to know that the enemy stands by waiting to destroy all that God is building.

But I suppose that's what faith is all about. One day at a time. Listening for his voice, hearing his heart, and feeling the sometimes painful molding of being shaped into someone that looks more like Him.

Thanks for being a part of my journey and letting me be a part of yours.

Brenda

No comments: