Friday, October 9, 2009

In a little while

Sometimes I think life will never last long enough. There won't be time for enough laughs, enough friendships, enough sunrises and sunsets, enough opportunities to see Jesus work miracles in the ordinary and prove faithful in the extraordinary. There won't be enough days no matter how many or enough years no matter the number alotted for us. Days when the sky seems perfectly blue and hope is evident in even the small things. Good days.

And then there are days when I just feel DONE! I'm so tired of Satan wrecking havoc on my own life and the lives of my friends at the moment. I'm so tired of illness and diseases and accidents and pain and heartache and bad news and hopelessness and JUNK that makes me happy we are NOT OF THIS WORLD. There's a reason we don't always feel comfortable here. We're residents of another place where love abounds, peace prevails and our Heavenly Father, the King of Kings is enthroned. And some days? I'd just rather be there.

I love Amy Grant's song In a Little While. It always reminds me that there is a reason we're still here. There's a reason we don't accept the Lord and get shwooshed off to heaven immediately in a beautiful chariot. We're here to learn to love Him. To learn to trust Him. To share His love with those facing unexplainable things without the precioius hope He gives. And to find His heart-toward us, in us, and in the world around us.

In a little while,

We'll be with the Father;

Cant you see him smile?

In a little while,

We'll be home forever,

In a while....

We're just here to learn to love him;

We'll be home in just a little while.

No comments: