Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Christmas


This is the book that made me fall in love with Christmas all over again. I try every year to start the end of October by really intentionally focusing on Jesus and the wonder of his story from the very beginning. And this year I can't wait any longer. This book I am going to read over and over and over again until at least January 1st.
I love everything about Christmas. I love the lights and the trees and the ornaments and the nativity and the Christmas carols. I love Christmas parties and exchanging presents with friends. I love to pray the hours at Christmas (See Robert Benson's book In Constant Prayer for how). I'm not by denomination liturgical, but I love praying the hours at Christmas. I love the words of the Saints of long before us set in beautiful prose to the rhythm of the Father's heart.
There is nothing Jesus needs from me as a Christmas gift - He for sure already has everything. But I'm committing to spend extra time with Him in these months that belong to Him. I don't want the Christmas story to just be another story I already know, I want it to be what it is. The beginning of the most important relationship we have. Touching Wonder-Recapturing the Awe of Christmas.

No comments: