Sunday, October 25, 2009

Mixed Bag

Wow, I could whine on here for hours tonight but I won't :) Aren't you glad I decided that on the front end? It's been a weird day. And I'm overly tired which is making everything worse. And I have another crazy week this week which in some ways I'm looking forward to and in others not so much. Se la vi. My grandmother tells me all the time that things will look better in the morning. And they might-If I remember to take my contacts out tonight :)

Last week I had just about enough of being surrounded by total negativity. I work in a mental hospital so I'm not exactly being hugged by clouds of joy every day but it was EVERYWHERE! Everybody hated everything and things were only going to get worse blah blah blah. Believe me-I know I'm glass half empty with the best of them but it really got on my nerves last week. Okay that's all I'm saying about that because too many people I know in real life read this :)

Church was interesting this morning. Besides the fact that the sermon was totally convicting and right on track with everything that needs changed about my walk with the Lord (sigh), 2 couples joined the church. Maybe it's because I grew up as a pastor's kid and was so used to being VERY involved in church. Maybe it's just this season of my life doesn't allow for me to be very involved with many people. Maybe part of it is not really having a family to be involved in church with. I don't know. I've been thinking a lot about church in general the past few weeks. What does belonging to a church really mean? When your schedule only allows you to attend 90% of one service does that make you committed enough to be considered a member of a church? I feel like an outsider by not joining, but am sure that I would feel a little strange joining a church that I can only be a limited part of. Hmmmmmmmm. Someone remind me to run that one by my dad. And feel free to tell me your thoughts. It's been right on top of my heart for awhile now and I'm not sure what to do.

Otherwise, my throat is being stupid again. Huge sigh. I'm going to let you know when they figure it out because I'm sick of talking about, sick of being frustrated about it, and I'm sure you all are sick of hearing about it! So there :)

I'm finally going home, falling into a bubble bath and waking up early to give this very full week to the Lord who is the only one who does all things well. Talk to you soon :) Brenda

No comments: