Sunday, May 31, 2009

Love it

You know I love love love love love to read and whatever I'm reading now is my very favorite, changed my life book of the year. Yes, I can be dramatic. I'm creative give me a break! :) BUT, my favorite fiction books are not lovey dovey they met randomly at a cafe and lived happily ever after (puke), but super smart fiction where some people die, a crime or 2 is difficult to solve and somewhere in there is a story of redemption or good triumphing or whatever.

Enter Steven James one of my VERY favorite authors. He has a master's in storytelling? Have you ever even heard of such a thing? My parents would have STRONGLY suggested I change majors! But I'm glad he did because he's an extraordinary writer. He writes fiction and non-fiction equally well so if you can't read about unsolved murders and sleep at night (I can-no problem!) then try out his non-fiction.

ANYWAY, all that to say that the 3rd book in his fiction series The Knight doesn't come out until July and I've been BEGGING Baker books for a copy. Thursday it came in the mail! YEAH! I can't wait to read it.

Yippee! The first 2 are The Pawn and The Rook and they're great!

Ella is doing better! Hopefully she can come home tomorrow. Sweet baby. I miss her!

That's all I have to say for today. Clearly I need more sleep :)

Brenda

No comments: