Wednesday, May 13, 2009

be still my soul

Sorry for the lack of posts. You really wouldn't have wanted to hear what I've had to say the past few days. It's better if I wait until Jesus gets mixed into my frustration and makes it a little more tolerable :) Right now I'm eating chili lime peanuts and iced tea while I write this so I'm basically happy.

Mainly I have felt terrible since last weekend sometime. I don't know what I did, but my neck has been killing me-really to the point that if I move it I want to throw up. I'm 2000% sure it's tension and stress that has just gotten my neck muscles in a tizzy, but seriously it's been bad. No amount of heat or cool or yoga or pilates or stretching or Advil or Motrin or sleep or rest or keeping still has helped it one bit. Finally this morning I had enough and let my massage therapist work her magic on it. Lest the word massage makes you think of quiet relaxation with birds chirping-this was a swedish deep tissue massage. Ow ow ow ow ow ow. It feels like the anti-christ is trying to get your collar bone out from the back of your neck-for an hour. BUT, my neck actually moves now-score! I have an appointment with my dr. tomorrow morning. On a funny note, I told my friend Lisa last night that my neck hurt and she asked if I thought it was swine flu. WHAT? Maybe if a pig kicked me in the neck! She's so crazy.

I could go on about work, but I won't. It's not even interesting to me. Jeremy moved on Saturday. Good news-found a new yard man-yeah! I don't really mind mowing the yard, but I have 1 acre, a push mower, no time, and it's already 90+ degrees. No thanks. So, that's a relief. And believe it or not I have green bell peppers, banana peppers and tomatos growing in my "garden." I know - I'm Martha Stewart. :)

Totally random note-see the movie The boy in the striped pajamas. I HATE the holocaust and I hate even more that countries are taking it out of textbooks as if it didn't happen. This is a great movie. So sad, but really good. Watch it.

On a reading note-those of you who read my blog just for the book reviews and my reading list-SO SORRY! I've been horrible about both the last few weeks. I went through the stack by my bed last night-I am 65 books behind at the moment and that's just for work. Ugh. I LOVE to read but right now my stack is a little much even for me. A lot of what I have to read is not worthy of a book of the week, but I'll update my book list in a few minutes. And I'll do a book of the week. And I'll get to some good books to read so you know what to read :)

If you're not done with 1st drop of rain hurry up! I'll announce the June book in a few minutes too because I know most of you are almost done. I can't wait to share about 1st drop of rain. It's one of the best books I've read in a long time.

You might remember that I have an electronic reader so most of my books get loaded onto that. But I still have stacks of actual books that I'm slowly working through. If you want some let me know and I'll send them your way. My house is turning into a library!

Alright, I'm off to get some coffee and I'll be back with more posts!
Brenda

No comments: