Wednesday, December 10, 2008

There will be a day

No book review for yesterday or this week because I have no time to read! Goodness knows. I'm at work until 9 and then I have to go home and make 2 dozen deviled eggs for a Christmas party tomorrow night. I could go the rest of my life without eating a deviled egg, but nonetheless I'm going to make a really cool recipe for them with bacon. I almost finished my Christmas shopping yesterday and have 2 gifts to finish making then I can be done with that. I have managed to buy everything Dora on our little adopted family's list - good heavens, who knew Dora ruled everything from toothbrushes to t-shirts?? Remember - I have no kids! I was impressed the status of Dora though. . .she's everywhere!

I like news, but it's depressing lately isn't it? So many people are struggling, Illinois representatives are acting ridiculous, unemployment rates are skyrocketing while the economy plummets. It's all too much really and it makes me long for a better place where there will be no need to worry and the end will never come. I think that day we'll be finally where we've longed to be since before we were born and we'll know we're home.

If you don't have Jeremy Camp's latest CD you should, but this song is quickly becoming my new favorite. It's There will come a day and here are the lyrics. . . .

I try to hold on to this world with everything I have. But I feel the weight of what it brings,
and the hurt that trys to grab The many trials that seem to never end, His word declares this truth, that we will enter in this rest with wonders anew But I hold on to this hope and the promise that He brings That there will be a place with no more suffering There will be a day with no more tears, no more pain, and no more fears There will be a day when the burdens of this place, will be no more, we’ll see Jesus face to face But until that day, we’ll hold on to you always I know the journey seems so long You feel your walking on your own But there has never been a step [ Jeremy Camp Lyrics are found on www.songlyrics.com ] Where you’ve walked out all alone Troubled soul don’t lose your heart Cause joy and peace he brings And the beauty that’s in store Outweighs the hurt of life’s sting I can’t wait until that day where the very one I’ve lived for always will wipe away the sorrow that I’ve faced To touch the scars that rescued me from a life of shame and misery this is why this is why I sing….There will be a day with no more tears, no more pain, and no more fears There will be a day when the burdens of this place, will be no more, we’ll see Jesus face to face There will be a day, He’ll wipe away the stains, He’ll wipe away the tears, He’ll wipe away the tears…..there will be a day.

Whatever you're facing today He knows and more importantly he cares. Don't lose heart!

Brenda

No comments: