Wednesday, December 31, 2008

It's a brand new year

Well, 2008 is over after today so I'll post a recap and New Year's Resolutions.

I had 6 resolutions at the beginning of this year and I'm happy to report that I have exceeded my plans for 5 of them. I've been the the gym (a lot!), gave up sugar and four, found the answers to some strange health stuff, Found more time to do what I love, and make more time for my friends. The only one I didn't really figure out was getting some financial stuff straightened out and switching 401k's, but pretty much the way the economy is going it's no big deal that I didn't make time for that.

So, onto 2009. I take resolutions seriously not just because it's the beginning of the year, but because I make these changes with the Lord's leading and believe they are changes He would have me make. If I don't keep them I feel like I'm letting Him down too. I try to incorporate changes as I can into my time with Him so it becomes a committment that we are making together. So, drum roll please, here are the resolutions for 2009!

1. Health: Give up ALL chemical sweetners. I'm about 90% there, but I have NO faith that aspartame and splenda and all that are in any way good for you, so out they go. I use Stevia for everything and even grow my own (I know-I'm so Martha Stewart!). It's a great alternative to sugar and sweetners.

2. Gym: I love the gym, but I get kind of obsessed with it so this year - 3 times a week and that's all. That's plenty anyway.

3. Quiet time/journaling - This year I plan to make a more concentrated effort to not only be aware of what the Lord is doing, but documenting it.

And that's it for now. I feel like those things are all I'm supposed to focus on this year so that's what I'm going to do! What are your resolutions?

Happy 2009!
Brenda

No comments: