Wednesday, December 3, 2008

December

I love December, really I do, but I also dread it. I cannot tell you how packed slap full my December is this year. I realize that I have no children and no family coming and STILL, filled to the brim. It's frustrating.

I have put off annual dr. visits until this week, personal training at the gym till this month, 2 work Christmas parties, gifts wrapped and shipped all over, and 2 full time jobs mixed in. We support a local family for gifts at the store which I'm so blessed to be a part of, but it's not everyday I go shopping for Candyland and Dora books. . . my heavens! Add to it the month where you cannot get away with not cooking because everywhere you go wants you to bring something . . . .ugh. And since I haven't eaten sugar or flour in the last 13 weeks I'm real excited to go to holiday feasts! I digress.

I just want time to sit on the couch with a cup of coffee and thank the Lord over and over again for coming to Earth for me. I want to thank him for surviving adolescence and the hardships of a young adult and the weight of being fully human and fully divine just to die on the cross. . . .for me. I want to read the Christmas story every day and realize how amazing it is that Mary was obedient and Joseph was understanding. The absolute miracle that was his birth, his life, his death, his life everlasting. . . . .I'm still amazed.

I want time to admire the baby in the manger and try to grasp the idea that in that tiny baby hand was eternity. That somewhere in that tiny little package beat a heart that had my name on it. That somewhere in the mind of that infant was the knowledge that 2000+ years later a young woman in the Earth, North America, Georgia, Valdosta, Hilltop Circle would need a Savior. I hope He knew even then that I would love Him and aspire every day to be more like him.

So, I'm going to take care of all of my responsibilties this month because I'm committed to them, but I'm also trying despreately to fit in little moments where I can stand in his glory and appreciate his earthly life. What are you doing this Christmas to keep Jesus in focus?

No comments: