Tuesday, November 30, 2010

40 days

I can't believe this is the last week of my 40 day concentrated journey with Jesus. I didn't plan it this way, but it seems fitting that I'll end just after the first week of Advent. Such a peaceful transition for a heart currently flooded by His love.

It's been hard and it's been wonderful. There have been several mountain top moments and a few cry my unworthy eyes out that He is faithful to me realizations. Equally good for the heart that wants nothing more than to be all His.

So far the most obvious awareness has been whatever the cost, it's my responsibility to maintain peace on the inside. I've had to make some big changes. I've had to make room for some things to stay and for some to go. I've had to disappoint a few people (already) and I've had to settle with being okay with that. It's not selfish to keep my relationship with the Lord priority 1. Period. I don't believe we can be effective in our areas of ministry without caring for ourselves well. As an aside-this goes against everything within me, but I know it's true.

I've been through the hard things with the Lord in recent weeks. Some I promise to blog about and some I may not. Certain things should be just between the Father and His child-agreed? But I think the greatest lessons and realizations will unfold over time.

I am already in such a better place with Him now than I was 30 days ago. If you seek Him-you will find Him. His promises are true.