Friday, November 26, 2010

Advent 2010-Starting This Sunday

I couldn't settle on a single advent devotional this year so I have 3. I'm convinced already that this one will be my favorite. Everything Henri Nouwen has ever written has passed through these hands at least once. His books have changed my life in 100 different ways with his tender, pure heart for a loving, forgiving Savior.

This book takes the reader through Advent and Christmas. 28 days of Advent/12 days of Christmas concluding with Jesus' baptism in the Jordan River by John the Baptist.

Let's face it-It's a busy time of year and this book is perfection for those short on time. It includes the option daily of an excerpt by Henri Nouwen, a scripture, a prayer, and an activity for the day. I have every intention to cover all 4 every day, but you know what they say about the best laid plans.


Happy Advent!

No comments: