Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful

I don't know how to write this in less than a million pages without making a list so here you go......

This thanksgiving my heart overflows with thankfulness for

-A God who loves me. The parts of me that look like Him, the parts of me that may never, the good days, the bad days, the strengths and the weaknesses-Accepted in the Beloved.

-For a rough spiritual year. For lots of tears, for lonely moments, for unanswered questions-all of which have made me run to Him and cling to His heart with fresh certainty that He is faithful.

-For The Virtual Abbey. Praying the Daily Office with people from around the world is just the beginning! They are genuine people who love God and care for each other. Meeting some of them IRL this year will forever live in my memory bank as a true God thing. And plans to meet more in January??? I cannot wait!!

-For 3 dogs who care that I come home at night, who snuggle with me, who make me walk more than I want to and who love me unconditionally. I want to be like them.

-For friends near and far of all ages. I couldn't do it without them. And for family.

-For a best friend who makes me do crazy things like run a half marathon this year!

-For Starbucks-my daily dose (or 4) of happiness.

-For yoga which keeps my mind uncluttered.

-For the people in my life who live like Christ. People who are not just His hands and feet but His heart to me and so many others. You inspire me. You remind me that there is more to this life than even this life. Your eternal outlook is peace for the journey. You know who you are.

For all this and more - I'm giving thanks this year.

No comments: