Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Treasure of God's Word


It's the 400th anniversary of the King James Bible and every Christian company is adding to the celebration with special products. Most of them are highly expensive (think heirloom) and others are just far too much into reference for my reading preference. All this and more is why (so far) this book is my favorite commemorative addition to the mix.
First of all, it's stunning. I love the royal red and gold cover. I love the parchment type pages. (The pages are slick, but they look like parchment.) I love the commentary running through the book about the original king James translation and how it has changed over the years.
I don't use the king James bible much myself, but I so appreciate it's heritage. We truly do carry with us a treasure when we carry God's word.
I love a good bible promise book as well as the next person, but this one seems to take it to the next level. The topics are simple like comfort, peace, etc. Additionally, there's topics like Our Inheritance and His sacrifice.
More than just a go to book for help, this book would make an excellent study tool.
5 stars nelson. This one's good!

No comments: