Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Abbey Thoughts

You don't have to know me that long to know The Abbey of Gethsemane in Kentucky is my favorite place in all the world. I'm still savoring my last trip there and all the Lord showed me during our time together. I love the simplicity. I love the serenity. I love the peace and the calm and the removal of distractions to the point that God is all you hear. I'd love to go there once a week and refuel.
When I'm there I like to sit right here for a long time. I can't help but think a layer of pure gold and this is what the gates of Heaven might look like.

And the message might just ring through for all of eternity. God alone. I want to live with that mentality here so that there I feel right at home.
With God alone.

1 comment:

Sandra Heska King said...

I have always wanted to go on retreat to an abbey. Seems to me there's a monastery in Georgia--Converse?