Thursday, October 7, 2010

Run On

(A big huge shout out to my number 1 fan Tami Heim for wearing THESE during the half marathon! It was the socks!!)


Run a half marathon even though I'm not in the best shape of my life? CHECK!! For my next trick I'll try walking on water :)


Yes, the half marathon was a raving success. It was so much fun to run at Disney. They really do everything right. It was a race at night so we had to be there about 8:30 PM and it started at 10 P.M. They had great music, a fun DJ, signage at every mile. It was fun. And it went fast. Which was good.


It took a little over 3 hours which ended up being over 20 minutes faster than race pace. 11,500 people ran it and only 7275 people finished. I thought about not finishing around mile 2. :) The weather was perfect, the people were fun, it was a beautiful night, and I'm really glad I ran AND finished it.


All that to say I'm done running for awhile. Sometimes I forget that NO is a complete sentence and that I can't do all things. It's a problem :) I miss hanging out at the gym on the elliptical reading a book AND working out at the same time. I miss being able to only run a few miles. I miss taking my dogs for a walk and calling that a workout.


So, it was a good challenge, it was a success, but I'm headed back to the gym for awhile :) thanks for all the prayers, love and well wishes. It was a blast!

1 comment:

Sandra Heska King said...

I knew those were Tami's feet!