Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Yes Jesus loves me

I can't tell you how important I think it is to grow in our faith-that each day we would fall deeper in love with Him, that we would trust Him more, that we would know Him better. But sometimes it's the basics that totally trip me up and grab me right around the heart. Jesus loves me.

There's a world of hurting people most in far worse conditions than mine. Children even right this second are losing their battle with AIDS, cancer, poverty, starvation. People are worshiping at the temples of idols that not only are dead, but never were alive. People right this moment are committing suicide all over the globe. My problems and concerns seem trivial by comparison and yet-Jesus loves me.

If I had needed knowledge God would have sent me a scientist. If I had needed physical healing God would have sent a Doctor. But I needed Salvation and God sent a savior. Jesus loves me.

I'm just your average run of the mill sinner faulty in thousands of ways. I fall short of the glory of God about 20 times a minute. I am not only unworthy, I am never going to achieve perfection on this earth for until the day I die I will be human. The only hope I have for today, for tomorrow and for eternity is in Him. Jesus loves me.

So today I'm thankful for a God who knows there's nothing I desire more than to know Him, love Him and trust Him, more today than ever before. It's so simple to say that Jesus loves me, but I think when you really understand it-it's transforming. He loves......ME. Not the me I want to be. Not the me I wish I was. Just me. Right now. Right where I am. Me. And He knew what he was signing up for-amazing! It makes me want to fall to my knees and weep. Accepted, loved-I am undeserving and eternally grateful. Yes, Jesus loves me.

No comments: