Saturday, July 25, 2009

Prayer

I love that prayer is our communication with the Lord. I love that in those moments when we get ourselves quiet enough we can hear the Lord speak gently to our souls. I love that He wants to interact with us even more than we need to interact with Him.

And I hate distractions.

I don't know what my problem is lately! I can't focus for 5 seconds on anything. I usually read 2-3 books a week and I'm going to have to bust it to finish our book of the month this month! I know it comes from being a little overwhelmed in the thinking department with too many plates spinning in the air. But I hate that. I so enjoy the time when I can sit before the Lord and be all there. I'm praying desperately for renewed focus and a mind that is steadfast on Him. It's just so unspiritual to think, "Dear Lord" and then, "I need watermelon at the store!" Yikes.

I know the Lord understands our desire to be with Him, to meditate on the scriptures and listen carefully for that still small voice. But sometimes I really appreciate it when the voice is neither small nor still! I think we have to create an environment where His presence, His Spirit can thrive. Create an environment where communion is possible. Personally I pray really well in the shower, not so much in the living room (when did I wash those curtains? Is that a spiderweb? Those windows need washed, etc.). I pray really well on walks with my dogs, not so well running on the treadmill at the gym. You have to and I have to find what works best for our relationship with the Lord.

And while we're on the subject, can I just say that I am Soooooo thankful lately for the people in my life that pray for me. It makes such a huge difference and I've seen answers and frustrations ease and situations work themselves out all attributed to the power of prayer lately. And I'm especially thankful for the friends who pray big prayers over my life that I do not have the courage to pray myself. And I'm even thankful for the people in my life that pray the hard prayers. MUAH! love you all!

:) Brenda

No comments: