Sunday, June 14, 2009

What a difference a week makes

Wow, I wish I could adequately document how much more peaceful my life is this Sunday than last Sunday. I so wish it was possible to anticipate every spiritual twist and turn our lives will take so that we can be ready for them. I felt so blindsided last week by a total lack of assurance and confidence of my faith. I felt like Satan was not only winning, but had laid claim to victory over the peace and power in my life. Devestatingly lonely.

And I can't put my finger on one specific thing that has made all the difference this week. I am, however, super glad that I was proactive. A pastor was a huge help as well as a trusted Christian friend. I think sometimes just exposing what we perceive as darkness to the light is powerful in itself. And there is tremendous freedom in the light.

I'm looking forward to new spiritual adventures. I'm starting a Bible Study at my house in July. I'm taking this Tuesday off from work to have some necessary rebuilding time with the Lord. I'm hopeful again that there is a future and a hope for all who trust in Him. And I'm thankful for all that and more.

And I really don't know why I feel like adding this today, but I do so here ya go. I've always believed it's important to have your spiritual life spread out a bit. It's never good to have all your spiritual confidence or opinions or go to in one Christian. It's a problem when that person fails that you will fail too. Which is why when I hit a spiritual cliff I'm careful to discuss it with at least 2 or 3 trusted people who can offer insight from the Lord and not just one person. This last little episode has taken several people's patient ears to fall upon a solution that works for my life. And I'm grateful for all of them.

Happy Sunday!
Brenda

1 comment:

Haley said...

Hey, Brenda.

I appreciate your willingness to share your spiritual struggles (even if vaguely) with us via this blog. I, too, have had quite the uphill battle this past week--my heart has been so incredibly heavy, and many tears have been shed this week. But, as you said, joy comes in the morning and when the lies have been replaced with truth. Keep seeking and running hard after Him--I enjoy seeing where He takes you and the glory that He reveals through you.

Haley