Tuesday, June 2, 2009

1st drop of rain


I loved this book and I'm so glad so many of you did too. As promised, here are my observations! And can I just say that I'm always on the lookout for great books to share with people who are struggling with one thing or another. This is one of those books. I like books that don't make excuses for our humanity but allows for the missteps of one in the human condition.
I'll make these by chapter and trust me, these are only the best ones. I could put the whole book on here!
1. Nothing can belong to us, even our own experiences, unless we understand it.
2. I don't need to know every answer. I just need, for a moment to get my head above these current circumstances. This is where I live-between the wasteland and the rain.
3. These are people who's eyes are open who don't see a thing. Mark 4:12
7. "It ain't no use putting your umbrella up-until it rains!"
9. What about this process is important to God? Is my role silence or speech? Is my presence significant or insignificant?
12. We are closest to God in the darkness, stumbling along blindly-Madeline L'Engle
13. Our prayers are an invitation to God to enter our souls with exactly the right amount of soap to break up the tension
19. 1 Peter 1:8-9 You never saw him, yet you love him. You still don't see him, yet you trust him-with laughter and singing. Because you kept on believing, you'll get what you're looking forward to-total salvation.
28. My presence will go with you. I'll see the journey to the end. Exodus 33:12-14
I'm so glad you enjoyed this book and found so many ways to relate it to your own life. I could go on for hours about how each one of these has been so meaningful in my life the last few weeks. Enjoy your June Reading!
brenda

No comments: