Monday, January 31, 2011

January Book Club-Review

You all are ON it! Thank you for your timely thoughts on our January book club selection. The Return of the Prodigal Son has long been one of my favorites and I love that it is now taking a special place on several of your bookshelves. I have had this picture hanging in my office since just after college reminding me that God is always calling us home regardless of our shortcomings.

A few of my favorite comments:
"This book has taken me from reading about God's love to experiencing it for myself. Thank you."

"I never truly understood the story until now. All the people play a part. They are all part of my story."

"I understand the older son more now. And I realize I've felt like he did."

"I found God on every page."

I've reviewed this book on here before so I'm not going to do a full review of the book itself. I am glad you enjoyed it :)

As a reminder we're reading So Long Insecurity by Beth Moore in February. I will do a complete review of that book at the end of the month. Of course-send me your thoughts and I'll incorporate them. AND I'll announce March's book later this week.

Thanks for reading!!

No comments: