Monday, January 31, 2011

Communion-choose your own adventure




Being fairly new to my church I'm still trying to keep up appearances. ha ha. Not really. Well, sorta. I stay on call all weekend and my phone goes off all. the. time. Last Sunday I was standing in line for communion when, about 10 people from the alter, I felt my phone buzz.
Hmmmmm.
Dilemma.
A. Answer the call and appear completely irreverent?
B. Slip out of line quietly giving the impression I just remembered some ginormous sin reason I couldn't take communion?
Or
C. Ignore the call momentarily sending up a quick prayer that those in front of me have minimal business to tend to, take communion myself and rush back to work.
WWBD??

2 comments:

Meredith Gould said...

C.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Meredith - absolutely. It's all about priorities and the First Commandment - God first. At least it was on vibrate...
Andie