Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Learning to be still

It's January 4th and I'm so thankful for my new year's resolution already. The desire to give this year to the Lord and to be present with Him has already guided my thoughts, determined my actions, and granted me peace. Establishing accountability has been key. Grateful that God knows what we need and provides it when we need it. I mentioned to a friend the other day, "It's amazing. As much as I want to be with Him, I will never want Him as much as He does me. Incredible." Laying a foundational habit of spending time with Him is the key to spiritual growth and finding true peace. Loving this year already.

1 comment:

Melinda Lancaster said...

I'd have to agree with you that this is true, Brenda,"As much as I want to be with Him, I will never want Him as much as He does me. Incredible."

And, yes. It is an incredible thought. He is jealous for me...and you. Oh how He loves us!