Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Max on Life Book Review



I question the depth of Max Lucado at times as far as my own life is concerned, but overall I appreciate his style. He is approachable and gives the comfort level of being "your pastor." His advice is solid. His foundations are biblical. He lives his relationship with Christ on his sleeve and being around his writing makes me want to love God more.


This book is different than his previous publications. Covering a broad range of topics, I see people using this more as a resource than reading it cover to cover. I immediately wanted this book on my desk at the hospital, my desk at the bookstore and a copy on my coffee table. I can see myself flipping through this book when the hard questions come in my own life or in the lives of those I love.


Dripping with grace, this book offered comfort to me in several places. I enjoyed the readings from his previous books throughout this one. I left it with the gentle reminder that Jesus is the Answer no matter what the question.


*For Thomas Nelson

No comments: